What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picked up a fiver of these Herrera Esteli from cigar monster. Took 6 days through mail; they didn't even put a water pillow in the package. WTF....
Oh well, lesson learned.View attachment 42893
Because I am in Canada I regularly get stuff take 6 days or longer to get to me but I think you have to be really careful when putting any kind of humidification in a small package. Boveda's are ok because they will only emit moisture in needed but water pillows sometimes over humidify and cause the sticks to swell and split at the ends. If the sticks are properly zip locked they are ok on the longer trips but you really need to let the reaclimate in the humi for at least a week before smoking. Plus....the wrappers on on the HE are pretty fragile. If they arrived damaged it's probably more likely they were bounced around too much during transit. If the others are ok just let them rest in the humi for a week and they should be ok. Just my thoughts.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a fiver of these Herrera Esteli from cigar monster. Took 6 days through mail; they didn't even put a water pillow in the package. WTF....
Oh well, lesson learned.View attachment 42893
Because I am in Canada I regularly get stuff take 6 days or longer to get to me but I think you have to be really careful when putting any kind of humidification in a small package. Boveda's are ok because they will only emit moisture in needed but water pillows sometimes over humidify and cause the sticks to swell and split at the ends. If the sticks are properly zip locked they are ok on the longer trips but you really need to let the reaclimate in the humi for at least a week before smoking. Plus....the wrappers on on the HE are pretty fragile. If they arrived damaged it's probably more likely they were bounced around too much during transit. If the others are ok just let them rest in the humi for a week and they should be ok. Just my thoughts.
Thanks for the insight. Makes perfect sense. I threw a couple sticks and a KSI water pillow in an old box. Smoked another Drew Estates cigar tonight that has been in my main humi for months and same thing happened. Ill try the Boveda pillows next time. Thanks again.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Having a viaje skull and bones at 2 am :)

I was kinda hesitant to smoke It since I read they're full body/strength, but it doesn't seem be more along the medium mark. Also, I just got the band off, and it had so much damn glue on it. Thank you Mikehar for the good smoke

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Looks tasty, I've been trying to find some more full body cigars.

I was kinda hesitant to smoke It since I read they're full body/strength, but it doesn't seem be more along the medium mark. Also, I just got the band off, and it had so much damn glue on it. Thank you Mikehar for the good smoke

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Looks tasty, I've been trying to find some more full body cigars.

I'd say try one If you can find em, just watch for the funky burn line

Status
Not open for further replies.