What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
finally got around to this guy, running a couple few errands before the in-laws roll in:

not cigar of the year on my side, but DAMN does it work in a lance! major thanks. o)

EDIT: so, somewhere just past the midpoint, the bottom dropped out. HUGE crescendo of flavor, and everything just came together. it damn well might be on my list.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Opus X Destino al Siglo

So on initial light the first 10 puffs or less I got a peppery harsh "sick cigar" taste...immediately I think was this stored right? Is my temp/humidity off? should I have let this sit longer? I paid 20 bucks for this crap? (Paranoid much? Maybe, or maybe I'm just on this site too much!) ...well the answer I came to: HELL NO! Harsh taste disappeared and developed into creamy earth tobacco nuttiness, couldn't really single out specific notes on this one but it was medium-full with complexity the whole way through. Magical on the retro-hale initially smooth and then a pepper blast on the tail end.
Beautiful construction,great mouth feel,perfect draw,perfect burn.
Worth the 20$ price tag. Favorite Lance to date!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just finished a nice BBQ dinner of home made chicken kebobs, potatoes and corn with peach pie for dessert. Maybe 5 minutes after we finished cleaning up a beast of a thunderstorm rolled in. Now I'm in the garage enjoying an Octoberfest Bavarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.