What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Let us know what you think.
While I'm still smoking this, it's safe to say this is a great cigar. Now I will preface the following by saying to take what you are about to read with a grain of salt. While I can pick up different flavor notes, I find that I have a hard time putting a name to those flavors. The flavors will be familiar, and the name on the tip of my tongue, but it can be tough for my to really put a definitive name to the notes I'm getting.

With that said, I picked up a lot of leather throughout. Like that old leather couch we all would love to own, or your favorite baseball glove. I also got spice and some hint of maybe chocolate early on? As I continued, I picked up some really nice creaminess; reminded me of mascarpone if you are familiar with that. A woody, earthiness was present at time.

I would love to get someone's thoughts on the flavor profile who has a more refined palette than I.

My first Undercrown
Safe to guess that it won't be your last?
Definitely will not be my last. This will sure makes its way into regular rotation.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Let us know what you think.
While I'm still smoking this, it's safe to say this is a great cigar. Now I will preface the following by saying to take what you are about to read with a grain of salt. While I can pick up different flavor notes, I find that I have a hard time putting a name to those flavors. The flavors will be familiar, and the name on the tip of my tongue, but it can be tough for my to really put a definitive name to the notes I'm getting.

With that said, I picked up a lot of leather throughout. Like that old leather couch we all would love to own, or your favorite baseball glove. I also got spice and some hint of maybe chocolate early on? As I continued, I picked up some really nice creaminess; reminded me of mascarpone if you are familiar with that. A woody, earthiness was present at time.

I would love to get someone's thoughts on the flavor profile who has a more refined palette than I.

My first Undercrown
Safe to guess that it won't be your last?
Definitely will not be my last. This will sure makes its way into regular rotation.
Nice. I've yet to toast one, but I have a fiver resting as I type. Looking forward to it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0

With thanks yet again to PSJC. Toast, a nice creaminess, and a ton of natural tobacco sweetness, which surprised me a lot. Glad I have another of these sleeping.

Totally didn't realize it was Friday (it's been that kinda week), so I'll have to burn a Fuente later.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0

Someone sent me this a while ago. Haven't smoked an AB in years, this wasn't half bad. Nice construction, good burn and smoke output. Indistinct flavors but still enjoyable.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
hat to cheat of fuente friday in deference to the new new:

Might I say I hate you with jealousy?? I would love to hear your thoughts.
not sure yet, and I want to burn one of each. here's my quick take:

- absolutely more beautiful in person, both sticks and boxes, and the aroma unlit was intoxicating.

- a little dry on the palate, but much less so that a lot of mexSA capas. plenty of flavor and texture, and development throughout the smoke.

- construction was about perfect for something my shop physically had delivered to them today: burn left a couple small fragments of wrapper here and there, mostly 2/3 to final, but self corrected. they will only improve in your stash.

i'm not running out to buy a box, but i am damn glad they are regular production, and i really look forward to smoking the rest i got. that help? o)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hat to cheat of fuente friday in deference to the new new:

Might I say I hate you with jealousy?? I would love to hear your thoughts.
not sure yet, and I want to burn one of each. here's my quick take:

- absolutely more beautiful in person, both sticks and boxes, and the aroma unlit was intoxicating.

- a little dry on the palate, but much less so that a lot of mexSA capas. plenty of flavor and texture, and development throughout the smoke.

- construction was about perfect for something my shop physically had delivered to them today: burn left a couple small fragments of wrapper here and there, mostly 2/3 to final, but self corrected. they will only improve in your stash.

i'm not running out to buy a box, but i am damn glad they are regular production, and i really look forward to smoking the rest i got. that help? o)
Sure does!! Thanks Sean!

Status
Not open for further replies.