What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Illusione MK Ultra & Ardbeg Supernova
How's the supernova? I'm s big fan of the ten year and the corry vreckan
The Supernova is the finest release to come out of Ardbeg, short of the $33K 40yo unobtainium I have not tried. I think it comes with golf clubs or some shit.

I bought 2 bottles of Supernova back in 2009 or 2010 and they were sublime. Now it's finished in sherry casks, which is beyond amazing to me. Better now than before for sure, but I am struggling to justify a 2nd or 3rd bottle at $180 each w/ shipping. The first release was $133 shipped and rougher around the edges. This, I will share with friends and call it done. That being said, it's 110pf and I've drank enough of it tonight to buy at least one more bottle even though I may regret the purchase tomorrow. Isn't that what we all do with cigars though?

edit: Best Ardbeg daily-drinker for the $$ is Uigeadail at $80-ish delivered. It's only about 30% of the awesome that is Supernova or Alligator but still great on its own.

Edit again: GODDAMMIT just bought 2 more bottles
Hahahaha. Finally someone else who shops for booze while drunk! It's the only thing I drunkenly buy more often than cigars.
Ha, I once went to the bottle shop with some buddies while highly intoxicated one night and wound up buying a spendy bottle of bourbon that I didn't remember buying the next day.
Never done that, but at least once a month I get bottle of something or some cigars delivered that I completely forgot I ordered. Really not a good thing!

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Once (only once I think) I spend $750 on Fuentes that I was to drunk to remember buying. But OMG I was happy when they showed up!

Also just lit a Papas Fritas to celebrate my 2 additional inbound bottles of Ardbeg Supernova. My source had a 1 bottle limit but I wore them down. :) In the end I realized they just wanted it all to go to a good, loving home. They offered me a case but I was not drunk enough for that. Much like pet or child adoption but a lot more fun and without a life-long hangover.

Last edited:

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Illusione MK Ultra & Ardbeg Supernova
How's the supernova? I'm s big fan of the ten year and the corry vreckan
The Supernova is the finest release to come out of Ardbeg, short of the $33K 40yo unobtainium I have not tried. I think it comes with golf clubs or some shit.

I bought 2 bottles of Supernova back in 2009 or 2010 and they were sublime. Now it's finished in sherry casks, which is beyond amazing to me. Better now than before for sure, but I am struggling to justify a 2nd or 3rd bottle at $180 each w/ shipping. The first release was $133 shipped and rougher around the edges. This, I will share with friends and call it done. That being said, it's 110pf and I've drank enough of it tonight to buy at least one more bottle even though I may regret the purchase tomorrow. Isn't that what we all do with cigars though?

edit: Best Ardbeg daily-drinker for the $$ is Uigeadail at $80-ish delivered. It's only about 30% of the awesome that is Supernova or Alligator but still great on its own.

Edit again: GODDAMMIT just bought 2 more bottles
BAHHAHA!!! Yeah i know the feeling with cigars. I kind of did the same thing last night. I'm definitely going to have to track down a bottle and see what its all about

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
Finally trying 'Nirvana'

Smoked about 1/4th so far, not happy...

It's like that "barnyard" and "manure" that you smell/taste in cold draws (which both totally disgust me).....
Well, I'm getting those type of notes as I smoke it...
And when I'm not, it's no better than the Cameroons i smoke that are half the price.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Status
Not open for further replies.