What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
With thanks to @bostoneo in the mild-medium pif.

Wynwood cigars. Dunno the exact model, but it's very unique. And in a good way.

BIG flavors on the draw and retrohale but the finish is fleeting to absent. Overall impression is of a mild bready character, like a sourdough pretzel. Leaves the mouth very dry initially but as it progresses a bit more sweetness comes through but still a dry finish. Reminds me kind of like eating a shell-on peanut whole.

This was a really good, very unique cigar, I'm trying to think of something similar, but at a loss.

Would definitely recommend giving these a try. That was a really really good cigar. Blew my expectations clear outta the water

IMG_20150728_041959.jpg

Eta: this seriously is one of the best NC smokes I've had. It's so different, there's really nothing I can compare it to. There's some good guys behind the brand, and I can't say I've had much experience with Honduran tobacco, so that may well be where the foreign flavor notes are coming from. But I want more. This was very very good. Thank you again @bostoneo

Another edit: the final third the dryness is gone and its a sweet full spice big flavor without the pain. Zero issues with construction. So damn good. Strength ramped up though, doubt I'll be nubbing this one. Really need to find more of these. May be grabbing a top 5 seat for me.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
With thanks to @bostoneo in the mild-medium pif.

Wynwood cigars. Dunno the exact model, but it's very unique. And in a good way.

BIG flavors on the draw and retrohale but the finish is fleeting to absent. Overall impression is of a mild bready character, like a sourdough pretzel. Leaves the mouth very dry initially but as it progresses a bit more sweetness comes through but still a dry finish. Reminds me kind of like eating a shell-on peanut whole.

This was a really good, very unique cigar, I'm trying to think of something similar, but at a loss.

Would definitely recommend giving these a try. That was a really really good cigar. Blew my expectations clear outta the water

View attachment 67986

Eta: this seriously is one of the best NC smokes I've had. It's so different, there's really nothing I can compare it to. There's some good guys behind the brand, and I can't say I've had much experience with Honduran tobacco, so that may well be where the foreign flavor notes are coming from. But I want more. This was very very good. Thank you again @bostoneo

Another edit: the final third the dryness is gone and its a sweet full spice big flavor without the pain. Zero issues with construction. So damn good. Strength ramped up though, doubt I'll be nubbing this one. Really need to find more of these. May be grabbing a top 5 seat for me.
Thanks for the mini review! It sounds like it's definitely worth finding some!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Cheapie while watching the grandkid splash in the pool. Is there a better smoke for $1.50? I haven't found it.
Is it flavored? er... "infused"?

I've received some of those and some Isla Del Sol when I've sponsored in noobie trades, but have always just passed them along to father in law, brother in law, or overseas via OPFTH. Never actually tried one.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Is it flavored? er... "infused"?

I've received some of those and some Isla Del Sol when I've sponsored in noobie trades, but have always just passed them along to father in law, brother in law, or overseas via OPFTH. Never actually tried one.
Not flavored or infused. Just a short filler hand made from DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.