What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0

This was terrible. I only made it through 10% and had to put it down. First stick that I just had to stop.

Not much better, but definitely smokable at least. Flavor is improving the longer I smoke it (might have just needed to recover from the Abyss)

I'm smoking through some early samplers and really hoping for some diamonds in the rough, but am usually lucky to find mediocrity. I will not be doing the larger samplers in the future - I've got to find a better way to sample varieties of sticks without getting so many truly sub par sticks.

~ Dale
Georgia, USA
You're right, piss on large samplers. I think @mdwest turned me on to this but it's a way to use CBid to your advantage. http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/index.php?searchtxt=&txttype=items&item=&type=&issearch=true
It will help you buy smokes you like and singles you want to try at the best price. Hope this helps a little.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0

This was terrible. I only made it through 10% and had to put it down. First stick that I just had to stop.

Not much better, but definitely smokable at least. Flavor is improving the longer I smoke it (might have just needed to recover from the Abyss)

I'm smoking through some early samplers and really hoping for some diamonds in the rough, but am usually lucky to find mediocrity. I will not be doing the larger samplers in the future - I've got to find a better way to sample varieties of sticks without getting so many truly sub par sticks.

~ Dale
Georgia, USA

Within the next week or so the "marketplace" sections of the forum will be opening up to you (once you reach 30 days and 30 posts). This will give you access to several "Make A Wish" and "pay it forward" threads that will make it easier for you to try better much better quality cigars than the leftover closeouts and mediocre crap that make up the samplers that come from most of the Internet retailers.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
You're right, piss on large samplers. I think @mdwest turned me on to this but it's a way to use CBid to your advantage. http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/index.php?searchtxt=&txttype=items&item=&type=&issearch=true
It will help you buy smokes you like and singles you want to try at the best price. Hope this helps a little.
Caveat: it takes a bit to figure out the search function but once you do you'll make sure you're not overpaying which people do all the time. Don't fall victim to the auction excitement.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Within the next week or so the "marketplace" sections of the forum will be opening up to you (once you reach 30 days and 30 posts). This will give you access to several "Make A Wish" and "pay it forward" threads that will make it easier for you to try better much better quality cigars than the leftover closeouts and mediocre crap that make up the samplers that come from most of the Internet retailers.
This.^^^^^

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Caveat: it takes a bit to figure out the search function but once you do you'll make sure you're not overpaying which people do all the time. Don't fall victim to the auction excitement.
Always check the auction price against the CI price...or even better, against the Famous price with BOTL discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.