What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Bull City Cigars - "Havana" Churchill
Ct. Shade wrapper, Ecuador Habano binder, Dominican filler

The slight crack in it was my fault. I dropped the bag when I first bought the stick and well, it happened. If you're not a fan of Connecticut cigars this won't change your mind. It is a good smoke and if I had to choose one word to describe it, classic would fit. It started off with leather, nuts, and a touch of earth with the occasional grassy note. It developed a light woody texture to the smoke and evolved some baking spice. Fortunately (to me) the grassy flavors stop popping up around the 1.25" mark. The earth and leather take on a darker tone as some sweetness and spice come out in the later part of the second third. The last third sees a nice black pepper come out and coat the tongue. I found myself wishing the whole stick had tasted like the last two inches. It was a great ending that seemed like a natural evolution from beginning to end. I would smoke this again in a robusto size. Two hours is just too long to smoke a Connecticut cigar.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I didn't know those were out yet. Where'd you grab those and are they any good?
Got it from Allegheny Smokeworks in Pittsburgh. They just got them in on Wednesday. Flavor was good but I had some burn issues on mine. I think it was a little too wet, but I'm definitely gonna get a 5er to sit for a while and try again

Status
Not open for further replies.