What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Strange occurrence tonight. I reached into my humidor and selected a Tat Fausto Robusto Extra from a box I have had for months. Each and every one prior to tonight has burned beautifully and tasted exactly the way the creator intended.....but not this one. This bugger just wouldn't burn right from the get go. It burned like rolled up wet newspaper wrapped in recycled tires and after and inch of sheer frustration I crushed the damn thing to death and then proceeded to cut it open out of anger and shear curiosity. Maybe I am spoiled by the experience after experience of excellence that Tatuaje and My Father has delivered because for some reason this disastrous abnormality really boiled my barley.

I then picked out a nice La Casita Criolla Robusto to help me calm my frayed nerves and as expected it is performing brilliantly. I guess maybe we take it for granted just how much effort must go into producing these hand made gems in just the right way to allow them to provide a magnificent experience again and again and again. My hat is tipped to Pete Johnson, Pepin Garcia and all those skilled hands that have labored to get it so right so often that a poor cigar once in a very long while almost caused me to come unglued.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Well I've been bombed 2 and bought a fiver so it's about time I tried this...

So far glad I did, thanks @Zmilin and @joe45 for this one! I'm liking it.

A bit further in, good amount of spice, earthy goodness I'm liking this a lot and it seems to appreciate a slow smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.