What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Excited to try the My Father Le Bijou 1922 box pressed torpedo. About 1/4 through and not that impressed. Very tight draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure how long you've been smoking, so forgive me if you've already done this... try and cut the cigar farther down the head/shoulder. I typically like a more open draw and as such like to stay away from torpedos as I tend to cut them down anyway. I just smoked one of these last night and loved it (especially all the pepper in the beginnig). FWIW, I didn't like it as much when I first had it back in November (but I bought it and smoked it the same day). The one I smoked last night was in the humi at 65% for 3 months and I noticed a world of a difference.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure how long you've been smoking, so forgive me if you've already done this... try and cut the cigar farther down the head/shoulder. I typically like a more open draw and as such like to stay away from torpedos as I tend to cut them down anyway. I just smoked one of these last night and loved it (especially all the pepper in the beginnig). FWIW, I didn't like it as much when I first had it back in November (but I bought it and smoked it the same day). The one I smoked last night was in the humi at 65% for 3 months and I noticed a world of a difference.
Just snipped a little lower. I too usually stay away from torpedoes but will smoke them if they are critically acclaimed. Noticing a little better draw already....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just snipped a little lower. I too usually stay away from torpedoes but will smoke them if they are critically acclaimed. Noticing a little better draw already....

Cool. Sometimes if the cigars are stored at higher humidity (like at B&Ms), I notice that the draw is a little harder and it's harder to keep them lit. I think that's what happened with me when I first tried this cigar (well that, and I didn't know how to retrohale back then and couldn't taste all the pepper).

Status
Not open for further replies.