What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Wife is out and the kids are in bed. Was dying to see how a stick rolled with the bunching technique my Cuban mentor taught me performs Rolled this last Wednesday night and wrapped with a nice looking criollo filler leaf. Nica Habano seco, corojo viso, and criollo ligero. Draw is a little loose as I had troubles getting the right fill the first time bunching this way but the burn line is pretty damn even. Smoking really well for something so young. Has a fantastic caramel flavor on the finish I wasn't expecting. This one turned out a little ugly but it makes up for it with good flavor
Image1459486488.418693.jpg

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When I started smoking cigars about six months ago, people advised me to stick to lighter shade wrappers and to stay away from the dark ones and the maduros as they "weren't for beginners." I did until I tried an LP9 and then an Anejo and found out I like them better. I love Padrons but have only had naturals. For fun I decided to compare a nat and a Maddie of the same cigar in the same vitola. I chose a cigar I know well, the Padron Exclusivo. Since I only have time for one cigar a day, it's the nat today and the Maddie tomorrow. I think I'll write a "noob review about the head to head" in the review section tomorrow.

Today's stick

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
When I started smoking cigars about six months ago, people advised me to stick to lighter shade wrappers and to stay away from the dark ones and the maduros as they "weren't for beginners." I did until I tried an LP9 and then an Anejo and found out I like them better. I love Padrons but have only had naturals. For fun I decided to compare a nat and a Maddie of the same cigar in the same vitola. I chose a cigar I know well, the Padron Exclusivo. Since I only have time for one cigar a day, it's the nat today and the Maddie tomorrow. I think I'll write a "noob review about the head to head" in the review section tomorrow.

Today's stick

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
If you're anything like me I went straight into the Maduro. I liked the darker shade, seemed like more flavor, and it was. I've never had a Padron natural, but I love the maduros. I think you'll like tomorrow's smoke better than today's.

Status
Not open for further replies.