What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Had a great night last night at the Straus Cigar Dinner and got to meet Glenn Loope, Bobby Newman and Johnny Bench. With an awesome 5 course meal and open bar! 20160427_195251.jpg 20160427_202751.jpg 20160417_023534.jpg
Signed up for a 4 year renewal of my CRA membership and got two forbidden X and two DC. If you haven't signed up now would be the time. I don't know if any of you guys know about the regulation that the FDA is currently trying to pass but you should truly read up on it and find out what you can do to help in your area. So we literally don't end up going into our local brick and mortar and realizing that brand or cigar brought onto the market after 2007 is gone for a minimum of 5 years. You won't be able to go in or see in the humidor anymore, you will be handed a menu to choose from and your tobacconist will not be legally allowed to give recommendations or tell you what is new and anything under $10 dollars will not be allowed to be sold as a premium tobacco product and will be considered OTP like cigarettes. Which won't matter really because they want to make the taxes higher than cigarettes. Oh yes also it isn't on this bill that's already going through the exception process but they are already talking about making it illegal to sell cigars and pipe tobacco online, just like cigarettes. It's a $35 dollar fee for one year and you will get 10% off cigar purchases at B&Ms that honor CRA memberships. This is not to scare you into becoming a member, I am just trying to make you aware of what is currently in the process of passing. They have already agreed to parts of the bill.

Anyway! This morning I'm enjoying the sweet smoke of the Hemingway Natural Classic.20160428_042244.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.