What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Drew estate event at Karma

Had one of these last night. Not usually an NC smoker but thought I'd give it a try. Construction and burn were flawless. Draw was excellent. Flavor was a little flat, definitely on the mild side (compared to the Montecristo #4 I had finished previously). A little harsh on the retrohale. Overall enjoyable but not sure I would buy one.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Had one of these last night. Not usually an NC smoker but thought I'd give it a try. Construction and burn were flawless. Draw was excellent. Flavor was a little flat, definitely on the mild side (compared to the Montecristo #4 I had finished previously). A little harsh on the retrohale. Overall enjoyable but not sure I would buy one.
Interesting. I've never thought of the 9 as being "mild." For a more cc style smoke from DE, try the Herrera Estali.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Trying a pairing I've done only once before, with wine. Had a glass for dinner and wasn't too fruit forward so since the bottle was already open I figured I'd give it a shot. A local Cab Franc Reserve with this AVO Heritage lance. Actually not too bad together. Wine has a tobacco note with oak and black currant. Deck note on the AVO is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.