What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
How are they, Mike??
Really good. Very quality tobacco. I've smoked two now and after the first I was ready to buy as many as I could find. Tonght was my second one and it wasn't quite as good as the first, so I'm hedging a little on how many I'll buy.

Both were full flavor but not strong, with the first one having a little more spice to my liking. Very well rounded cigar.

Priced too high though.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ramon Bueso - Olancho Reserva 2005

This is the only cigar I prefer in torpedo. Earth, leather, coffee, black pepper, hay, cream, a touch of wood, and something sweet all come in the first inch. my only complaint is that the wrapper is very fragile.

I definitely like this more than the Legado De Pepin which is similar in price. I'm not going to be cliche and say it tastes like sticks twice as expensive. I would say it is way above average for a $6 stick and could easily compete at $8. Considering CI often runs them at as little as $4 a stick, they can be a great value.

Edit:
I use to know a guy that loved to soak raisins in spiced rum. I'm starting to get that flavor with a bit of wheat and rye breads and a hint of molasses with nougat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.