What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I bought this box over a year ago and along with my box of P1964 Nats (my first experiment in aging cigars... Understand that a year could be considered just rest too). I didn't like what the year did to the padrons but like this. It's smoother than when it's new and I think that makes it a better smoke.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I bought this box over a year ago and along with my box of P1964 Nats (my first experiment in aging cigars... Understand that a year could be considered just rest too). I didn't like what the year did to the padrons but like this. It's smoother than when it's new and I think that makes it a better smoke.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
You aren't the first person I have heard say that about Padron. I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that Padron rolls with some leaf that's already extensively aged which means time won't necessarily be so kind to the blend. The Oliva is rolled with some strong tobacco so time will help round out any rough edges.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Another tasty roll from @Hopduro, blend 17 and Ecuadorian habano ligero wrapper. Keep this one in rotation bud!! Initial light was chocolate and spice. About an inch in there is some sweet cherry from the wrapper (one reason I use that wrapper a ton). Construction and flavor are every bit as good (and better than most) as anything you would grab from a shop. The red pepper on the retro is addicting. Brendon, I think this is the best of your stuff I've had so far for my tastes. It amazes me how all the homerollers have a signature and unique flavor that they produce when we all use the same vendors.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Another tasty roll from @Hopduro, blend 17 and Ecuadorian habano ligero wrapper. Keep this one in rotation bud!! Initial light was chocolate and spice. About an inch in there is some sweet cherry from the wrapper (one reason I use that wrapper a ton). Construction and flavor are every bit as good (and better than most) as anything you would grab from a shop. The red pepper on the retro is addicting. Brendon, I think this is the best of your stuff I've had so far for my tastes. It amazes me how all the homerollers have a signature and unique flavor that they produce when we all use the same vendors.
House blend with that sexy wrapper!

Glad you enjoyed it, curious how old it was...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.