What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diesel Uncut Toro (6.5x52)20170107_001946.jpg
What a disappointing smoke. Here's the summary:

First third: Peppery, woody, some spice that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Lots of smoke output and the smoke was creamy white. Also, this is a very oily cigar. Full-bodied.

2nd third: Smoke output fell off to almost nothing. The body went from full to medium quickly and then went to the mild side of medium soon after. Pepper was almost gone. It was a plain tobacco taste. Not bad. In fact, quite a pleasant tobacco flavor, but boring. About mid-way through the 2nd third, it started canoeing. Touching it up didn't help.

3rd third: Smoke came back. Pepper came back, but not as much. Chocolatey overtones became noticeable but it still wasn't as interesting as the first third. It started tunneling badly and I tossed it. I only got a few draws into the 3rd third.

This is the second one I've smoked and I had a very pleasant experience with the first one: the flavor was interesting all the way through and it burned evenly.

I have 3 or 4 more, so we'll see if this was a fluke or not.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Diesel Uncut Toro (6.5x52)View attachment 90202
What a disappointing smoke. Here's the summary:

First third: Peppery, woody, some spice that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Lots of smoke output and the smoke was creamy white. Also, this is a very oily cigar. Full-bodied.

2nd third: Smoke output fell off to almost nothing. The body went from full to medium quickly and then went to the mild side of medium soon after. Pepper was almost gone. It was a plain tobacco taste. Not bad. In fact, quite a pleasant tobacco flavor, but boring. About mid-way through the 2nd third, it started canoeing. Touching it up didn't help.

3rd third: Smoke came back. Pepper came back, but not as much. Chocolatey overtones became noticeable but it still wasn't as interesting as the first third. It started tunneling badly and I tossed it. I only got a few draws into the 3rd third.

This is the second one I've smoked and I had a very pleasant experience with the first one: the flavor was interesting all the way through and it burned evenly.

I have 3 or 4 more, so we'll see if this was a fluke or not.
The background got me distracted.....the inconsistency between sticks sucks when expecting same experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My first Calaveras....yum yum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm nubbing this stick, good retohale. Can't believe I haven't tried these before today. And I was supposed to be on a buying freeze, until I started to view these posts.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.