What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Pa tay to - pa tah to. Technically deck screws have a cutting point as well as a longer unthreaded area at the top which works better with wood because they don't bind up but I have seen the terms used interchangeably.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/30952

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Deck-Mate-9-x-3-in-Star-Flat-Head-Wood-Deck-Screws-5-lb-Pack-734968/202308663

No matter what you call it it's still a great idea :)
You are talking to a former Fastenal OSP my friend and although a deck screw and a drywall screw may look identical to most people the screw in the photo being used as a nub tool is most certainly a deck screw because it is coated in a green anti-corrossion coating that matches the green pressure treated lumber most decks are built with.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
You are talking to a former Fastenal OSP my friend and although a deck screw and a drywall screw may look identical to most people the screw in the photo being used as a nub tool is most certainly a deck screw because it is coated in a green anti-corrossion coating that matches the green pressure treated lumber most decks are built with.

I actually had 22 years at Fastenal myself (11 as an OSP and then another 11 in Wino) but I will concede based upon your coating statement.

We need to get together for a smoke my friend...it seems we have something in common besides a love of cigars!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I actually had 22 years at Fastenal myself (11 as an OSP and then another 11 in Wino) but I will concede based upon your coating statement.

We need to get together for a smoke my friend...it seems we have something in common besides a love of cigars!
Well...a fellow Fastenal guy...lol. We can get together over drinks, smokes and riveting conversation about....rivets...lol. I still remember my 2 weeks in Winona Minnesota at Fastenal school.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Surprised by some of the stuff you guys admit to smoking. Today I have a Davidoff Diadema Fina. Ten years has really taken the orange creamsicle out of this cigar, but I made the mistake of aging it outside the box, so it may have lost more of its vigor than it should have. Don't ask me to take a picture though. That would be vulgar.
Now that's a cigar you can smoke for 6 hours!

Op40

Status
Not open for further replies.