What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

Just getting off of work (please excuse the dirty thumb), and I'm enjoying this San Cristobal Seleccion del Sol. Seeing something I've never seen before. I took the band off and the wrapper underneath is noticeably darker. This cigar has some age in it, like maybe a decade. It's from a box we found at a local. @Lapithicus knows how old it is, I can't remember. Also it was basically dry boxed for 24 hours in my cigar case, but still in its cellophane. Curious to know if it has faded from age, or from dehydration. Has anyone experienced this before? I thought about starting a new thread for it, but laziness won out.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Just getting off of work (please excuse the dirty thumb), and I'm enjoying this San Cristobal Seleccion del Sol. Seeing something I've never seen before. I took the band off and the wrapper underneath is noticeably darker. This cigar has some age in it, like maybe a decade. It's from a box we found at a local. @Lapithicus knows how old it is, I can't remember. Also it was basically dry boxed for 24 hours in my cigar case, but still in its cellophane. Curious to know if it has faded from age, or from dehydration. Has anyone experienced this before? I thought about starting a new thread for it, but laziness won out.
How vulgar... But seriously, I have seen this before on aged sticks. For some reason the leaf under the band does not change color the way the rest of the leaf does. I would think light would be the culprit, but if it was in a closed box that would kill that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.