What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Stupid Tapatalk, finally got the pic attached.

Anyways, this is Paul Stulac's No Dress Code. Thick, dark wrapper, plenty of seams, not even attempted triple cap... but these are supposed to be "fresh rolls" and i guess imperfect.

Now the draw... is flawless, holy hell, love it. Construction is awesome (minus the wrapper), tight white ash, minor wave in the burnline, solid packing.

Flavors are cedar, dark cocoa, and some hay/grassy notes on the finish, possibly because it's "fresh". So far so good, plus i love torpedoes

Second third is even better, still a pleasant medium body, the chocolate has become more pronounced and balanced with a slight salted caramel, but still that fresh young hay note on the back of my tongue. Wonder if these will age up a bit...

Last third is always my "young" third with Cubans, presumably this is where it's at a higher relative humidity since it will dry slower at the head. Noticing it here as well. Some chalk and mineral notes poking through. Medium-full body note. I have no doubt this will age out. Fantastic smokes, makes me want my Lord Albany's...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Thanks @srduggins great start that I'm sure will only get better! Tastes similar to the RASS I had last weekend. (At least it started out that way, but after ten minutes it was a while other ballgame) Amazing!

Edit: I read somewhere about this cigar having wrapper issues, and sadly I didn't escape that. Still tastes absolutely amazing, but this thing is exploding on both sides. Hope I can keep it going.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.