What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Smoking this in memory of my last living Grampa who passed this morning. Coming across a bit harsh, I think these need another 6-12 months rest to come into their own but I taste greatness waiting to come out. Paired with some rum since Grampa loved rum and cokes.
Sorry to hear about Gramps.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Bummer, I notice they are usually right on or a little tight. I am usually smoking the Magicos. Was it a little green or just tight?
Neither green nor tight. Comically underfilled. After burning an inch of the cigar, it started tasting like a smoldering dish sponge. I pinched the cigar, and it compressed to a half-inch thick at the band. Tossed. And since I had my wineador condensation/humidity lesson recently, I didn't have anything else ready to go in the dry box so no smoke for me tonight. First experience with a cigar underfilled like this, and the first time I've ever had a problem with a CH cigar that I can remember.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Neither green nor tight. Comically underfilled. After burning an inch of the cigar, it started tasting like a smoldering dish sponge. I pinched the cigar, and it compressed to a half-inch thick at the band. Tossed. And since I had my wineador condensation/humidity lesson recently, I didn't have anything else ready to go in the dry box so no smoke for me tonight. First experience with a cigar underfilled like this, and the first time I've ever had a problem with a CH cigar that I can remember.
Yea, sorry. Meant too loose. Again bummer. The top shelf of my glasstop that I use as "drybox" usually has 10-15 smokes getting ready. The only problem I've had was a southern MD that was so tight even after a year or more that I had to pitch it. Hated it to because a botl sent it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Smoking this in memory of my last living Grampa who passed this morning. Coming across a bit harsh, I think these need another 6-12 months rest to come into their own but I taste greatness waiting to come out. Paired with some rum since Grampa loved rum and cokes.
Prayers for your Grampa, as well as you and your family.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Sorry to hear man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.