Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well, Nub is made by Oliva. And Oliva has some nice Maduro offerings
Indeed. Oliva has some great quality tobacco, and impressive consistency. Initially I really liked the "o" and " g" lines. But now I seem to be enjoying them less and less, glad I didn't grab a box.

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I like Oliva Maduro. The V Series is pretty good too. Try to pick them up on sales
Yeah, just had my first the other day, picked up some tubos for less than 5 each.
The problem for me is too much pepper and burning spice flavors. I just don't enjoy that. But yet I like complexity and rich flavors. Makes it difficult to find stuff that's just right for me.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Yeah, just had my first the other day, picked up some tubos for less than 5 each.
The problem for me is too much pepper and burning spice flavors. I just don't enjoy that. But yet I like complexity and rich flavors. Makes it difficult to find stuff that's just right for me.
My advice is pretty obvious-
Go Habanos
They will give you the full flavor you crave. Without the bullshit ...

I can recommend specific ones if you tell what type of NCs you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
My advice is pretty obvious-
Go Habanos
They will give you the full flavor you crave. Without the bullshit ...

I can recommend specific ones if you tell what type of NCs you like
I like leather, cocoa, coffee, cedar, and oak notes.
Favorites so far have been, LA Riqueza, satin glove, Perla del Mar maduro (all similar) Bueso Genesis habano, cao Brazilia & Mx2, LA gloria cubana (NC version) and all the pdr stuff I've tried has been good (great for the price) Cracker crumbs is good, tad more pepper than I want. I have some curivari on the way to try, sadly without an El gran Rey in the set. I've tried a lot of other standard stuff but nothing impressed me enough to be worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I like leather, cocoa, cedar, and oak notes.
Favorites so far have been, LA Riqueza, satin glove, Perla del Mar maduro (all similar) Bueso Genesis habano, cao Brazilia & Mx2, LA gloria cubana (NC version) and all the pdr stuff I've tried has been good (great for the price) Cracker crumbs is good, tad more pepper than I want. I have some curivari on the way to try, sadly without an El gran Rey in the set. I've tried a lot of other standard stuff but nothing impressed me enough to be worth mentioning.
Those sound mostly Maduro, full bodied cigars

You should definitely get Don Diego Fuerte by Omar Ortez

It's a leathery better version of the Ramon Bueso (which I like, but Omar is better)

Also, the Maduro Omar Ortez Toro
Which is on sale for 41 bucks box 20
See the cigar deals section.

Habanos are light on Maduro
But Partagas Maduro No.1 is good not too expensive (for Habanos)
And of course they have the Maduro 5 line for Cohiba but that's expensive

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Those sound mostly Maduro, full bodied cigars

You should definitely get Don Diego Fuerte by Omar Ortez

It's a leathery better version of the Ramon Bueso (which I like, but Omar is better)

Also, the Maduro Omar Ortez Toro
Which is on sale for 41 bucks box 20
See the cigar deals section.

Habanos are light on Maduro
But Partagas Maduro No.1 is good not too expensive (for Habanos)
And of course they have the Maduro 5 line for Cohiba but that's expensive
Yeah, I'm gonna grab some of those Omar's. And I suspect I'm gonna find some non maduro stuff I really appreciate.
I have a small list of Habanos I want to try, but I'm not there yet.
Epi 2, rass, huhc, psd4, plpc and something from bolivar. I'll be getting on that pretty soon hopefully.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Yeah, I'm gonna grab some of those Omar's. And I suspect I'm gonna find some non maduro stuff I really appreciate.
I have a small list of Habanos I want to try, but I'm not there yet.
Epi 2, rass, huhc, psd4, plpc and something from bolivar. I'll be getting on that pretty soon hopefully.
Epi #2 is great, of course RASS is classic, Psd4 great. Bolivar is a top brand, go with the Liberatador is one of my favorites. I Smoked two boxes of ten in Amsterdam and I was only there 4 days. That's an awesome Habano. But the bolivar Belicoso Fino is damn good too. The Coronas Gigantes from bolivar is too

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeah, not surprising but the 20 Liberatdors weren't the only Habanos I smoked plus well you know Amsterdam was smoking tons of that green too

Yeah, whole new levels of flavor dimensions there... I've always wondered if someone will ever find a way to combine the 2 in a way that works well for the flavors.....
Probably only happen if don Giolito ends up stuck in a tobacco wharehouse with some Colorado produce... ;) ;p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.