What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
It's 16°F out tonight. Cromagnon short perfecto and a Toronto. A repeat, but worth repeating. My wife would say this cocktail is black, like my soul.

4 parts rye whiskey (I used Basil Hayden's Dark Rye)
1 part Fernet Branca
1 part simple syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters

Stir or shake over ice and strain into a highball glass.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Smoked one of my own today, right out of my humidor. A My Father - Don Pepin Garcia - Orginal - Torpedo, these Cigars never disappoint. My nickname is My Father - Blue Band.

Always are well constructed, always even burn, and great even produce consistant even Ash. Flavor is complexed and consistant from box to box. I say they are Medium/Medium - Strong.

One Cigar I never get tired of because they so great IMHO. :happy:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

**Photos on Cigar Rock in my backyard.:censored:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Smoked one of my own today, right out of my humidor. A My Father - Don Pepin Garcia - Orginal - Torpedo, these Cigars never disappoint. My nickname is My Father - Blue Band.

Always are well constructed, always even burn, and great even produce consistant even Ash. Flavor is complexed and consistant from box to box. I say they are Medium/Medium - Strong.

One Cigar I never get tired of because they so great IMHO. :happy:

View attachment 106586
View attachment 106587

**Photos on Cigar Rock in my backyard.:censored:
It's a very cool rock.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
La Barba purple robo. So good makes you wanna slap yo momma
Completely agree. One of the most overlooked brands too. The wrappers on the red labels I just got in look lovely! :D
Guys this info would've been really handy a few days ago BEFORE I placed my five pack fever order.... ;)

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It's 16°F out tonight. Cromagnon short perfecto and a Toronto. A repeat, but worth repeating. My wife would say this cocktail is black, like my soul.

4 parts rye whiskey (I used Basil Hayden's Dark Rye)
1 part Fernet Branca
1 part simple syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters

Stir or shake over ice and strain into a highball glass.

As a former bartender, I feel obliged to chime in here. It wouldn't be a Toronto if you aren't using Canadian whiskey. I recommend Pendleton's. Also, I had great success omitting the simple syrup and using an apricot puree in its place. Under appreciated beverage, to be sure.

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Guys this info would've been really handy a few days ago BEFORE I placed my five pack fever order.... ;)
Jeremy, I posted in the daily deals that I ordered the La Barba red and purple from Thompson for under $4 per stick. :D I guess I'll just have to include some in the box split that's coming your way! :sneaky:

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
As a former bartender, I feel obliged to chime in here. It wouldn't be a Toronto if you aren't using Canadian whiskey. I recommend Pendleton's. Also, I had great success omitting the simple syrup and using an apricot puree in its place. Under appreciated beverage, to be sure.
Interesting, the recipe I used specifically asked for rye. I'll try it with Canadian next time for sure. I bet you could use any kind of puree and customize it to taste. I am not much of an apricot fan, but it's worth experimenting. I have simple syrup readily available as I always keep some on hand.

But yah, Fernet Branca is pretty challenging to most people, it's bitter in the extreme. I am a big fan of cocktails that tend toward the savory so I have lots of stuff like this.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Jeremy, I posted in the daily deals that I ordered the La Barba red and purple from Thompson for under $4 per stick. :D I guess I'll just have to include some in the box split that's coming your way! :sneaky:
Haha, I saw that I think RIGHT after I placed my order...

But NO!

You only have a few, you love them, keep them and enjoy them!

Besides, that box will be full enough, it sure as heck doesn't need anything added in it for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.