What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Just finished cutting out the extra wood needed to fit these digital hydrometers into the spot where the very inaccurate analog hydrometers were in the two drawer (picture is crap I know. Sanded them down quickly with some 150 then 220 grit sandpaper)(I had already sanded them with 220 previously) and wiped the drawers down ever so gently with some distilled water and a sponge (drawers are already seasoned but you never know what being out of humidity does to to the wood especially during winter when the house is 25%RH). Inserted the hydrometers and perfect fit. Have eight 65%RH boveda packs in there just to attempt to bring the humidity down a bit and as soon as it comes down to 70% I'm going to out the pound of HCM beads in therr (hopefully a pound is enough) with the boveda packs.

By using both boveda and HCM beads my goal is to not have to rehydrate shit for atleast a year... Maybe I'll have to swap bags before then who knows? Only time will tell. Hopefully only a couple-few more days left till this baby is holding habanos. I will post the entire process that I went through with this Wineador in storage later. It's in Today's Smoke because naturally after all that work following my 8hr shift at the plant last night, it's time to enjoy this lovely, relatively quick smoking H Upmann Half Corona with some Basil Hayden's. Happy Monday everyone!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Just finished cutting out the extra wood needed to fit these digital hydrometers into the spot where the very inaccurate analog hydrometers were in the two drawer (picture is crap I know. Sanded them down quickly with some 150 then 220 grit sandpaper)(I had already sanded them with 220 previously) and wiped the drawers down ever so gently with some distilled water and a sponge (drawers are already seasoned but you never know what being out of humidity does to to the wood especially during winter when the house is 25%RH). Inserted the hydrometers and perfect fit. Have eight 65%RH boveda packs in there just to attempt to bring the humidity down a bit and as soon as it comes down to 70% I'm going to out the pound of HCM beads in therr (hopefully a pound is enough) with the boveda packs.

By using both boveda and HCM beads my goal is to not have to rehydrate shit for atleast a year... Maybe I'll have to swap bags before then who knows? Only time will tell. Hopefully only a couple-few more days left till this baby is holding habanos. I will post the entire process that I went through with this Wineador in storage later. It's in Today's Smoke because naturally after all that work following my 8hr shift at the plant last night, it's time to enjoy this lovely, relatively quick smoking H Upmann Half Corona with some Basil Hayden's. Happy Monday everyone!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Nice setup! I'm digging the way those hygros fit in there.. looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.