What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
morels, excellent with sweetbreads, a nice yeasty Champagne to compliment things.

eatin' high on the hog, ain't we ?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
morels, excellent with sweetbreads, a nice yeasty Champagne to compliment things.

eatin' high on the hog, ain't we ?
Hahaha, indeed! And these are some extra pricey ones... Took about 15 hours of searching before I found these.. :eek: season should just be getting started here, so hopefully it will balance out. Found a new spot today which is muy Bueno. One day I'll hit the motherload.... ;)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Nice!!

It’s a little early for Morels here but they’re coming soon enough
They're a bit behind here. A few hours south and west they've been flushing great. Odd weather. I've been trying to find some early spots. Was actually looking for early blacks. Haven't ever found any yet. Getting more difficult here as Ash was one of our primary morel association trees. :(

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
They're a bit behind here. A few hours south and west they've been flushing great. Odd weather. I've been trying to find some early spots. Was actually looking for early blacks. Haven't ever found any yet. Getting more difficult here as Ash was one of our primary morel association trees. :(
Yeah, I’m afraid things are not going to be the same around here either with all of the ash trees lost to those damn ash borers the past couple of years. I took down 15 mature ash trees on the hill behind my house just after Thanksgiving and I’m pretty sure my morel hunting is going to be a lot more challenging going forward as many others will be doing the same thing in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.