What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
To my knowledge, Smooth Ambler hasn't had that kind of age in their whiskey since 2016. That's a pretty awesome tasting, since those old SA are practically collectors items now. Great whiskey!
The contradiction was by far and away the best of the three. I'm surprised to hear that because the rep usually pulls stuff that can be bought readily, I'm going to follow up because I want a bottle of contradiction badly.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
S
The contradiction was by far and away the best of the three. I'm surprised to hear that because the rep usually pulls stuff that can be bought readily, I'm going to follow up because I want a bottle of contradiction badly.
Smooth Ambler spent years sourcing from MGP, and doing it with great success while being transparent about the practice. I have 5-6 bottles, ranging from 7-11 years stashed. The aged MGP disappeared in 2016, and SA had their own distilled spirit come online around the same time. Still youngish, and leaving much room for improvement, the new stuff hasn't compared (4 yr old max). Maybe they have found some more older barrels, or maybe they pulled out some mothballed bottles for your enjoyment. I'd find out before stocking up off the shelf.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Been waiting a month since last month for tonight. God I love cigar club. Hoyo la amistad black, Smith ambler scout, contradiction, and red breast 12
View attachment 125112
Contradiction has become my go-to everyday drink, I haven't had any of the aged stuff so I don't know what I'm missing...but I do like the off the shelf stuff just fine for an inexpensive everyday bourbon.

Paired with an Epicure #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.