Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Faux-hiba

My buddy gave this to me, raving about what a great deal he got on them in the DR. It gave me a chance to educate him on the perils of fakes and explain that there is no possible way that for $4.00 a stick this was the real deal.

We cut one of his open and did not find any banana leaves or sawdust so I am going to take a chance on this.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Faux-hiba

My buddy gave this to me, raving about what a great deal he got on them in the DR. It gave me a chance to educate him on the perils of fakes and explain that there is no possible way that for $4.00 a stick this was the real deal.

We cut one of his open and did not find any banana leaves or sawdust so I am going to take a chance on this.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy
Faux-hiba

:cool: Well?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Actually it was pretty decent! Great construction and flavor. Had a straight burn line throughout and kept a good ash. Pretty impressed for what it was.
Crazy, huh?

I had a beach guy in Nassau try and sell me "Esplendidos" for $20 apiece in 2003. I ended up buying 3 for $15 to see how bad they were (and knowing I'd have to cut one open first). They were decent, and at $5 each I would have smoked some more. Not Cohibas, but quite likely Cuban tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.