What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Don Toirac Cigars Veterano

I got this as a freebie for buying some sticks at a small shop. I know nothing about the company and this cigar isn't on their website.

It has a nice tight pack with good resistance, the flavors are definitely Dominican. The wrapper is kicking out a flavor more reminiscent of the Edgar Julian Monovarietal corojo than say a La Barba Red.

The Indonesian binder is coming across a little sour, but this thing is still a little wet after two months of rest. So, maybe it would be better with rest?

I say, if you see one in the wild try it out. The Criollo comes forward after the first band and makes this a more unique Dominican smoke.

Edit: I read an article where Toirac claims there is Nicaraguan tobacco in the Veterano. Getting through the second third I say that seems true. The cigar takes on more woody and peppery notes.

Edit: This thing makes a personality change going through the second third. A sweet cinnamon and cedar comes out with a bit of earth and spice. I was told this is a Dominican Puro besides the binder. This definitely has Nicaraguan in the filler.

I change my rating to worthy of a five pack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.