Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
....Super awkward to smoke.....
They are tasty, but this is the reason I'm not a huge fan of piggies.

(Blasphemy, I know)
Not blasphemy but I've never understood what is so awkward about it. You cut the top and after a couple of minutes the bottom gets burned. Granted I'm biased and I like them a little.
FTR, I'm not a huge fan of torpedos or belicosos for the same reason, they just don't fit right in my teeth, I guess.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
My first Cohiba Behike 56. Great cigar, but overpriced. I have a couple more, so I'm going to let them age for a while longer before I revisit. Overall, I liked the 54 more.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It was oaky with some chocolately sweetness. Started going out way easily towards the end of the 2nd third. I felt like it had potential and I'm gonna try one with a fresh palate. It was cigar number 3 so I'm not giving it justice.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
A good BOTL (Brent?) must have bombed me with a Padron Serie 1926 some time ago and I decided to make it my birthday smoke. This is the first 1926 I've had and it's awesome. Brent if you're out there, thanks buddy!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cuenca y Blanco.

Mini Review*
Leading actors: Oak and leather.
Supporting cast: Chocolate, cookies and cream, mint, black and green pepper.
Mentionables: Oily smoke really coats the palate and the finish is extremely long. Most of the supporting notes make their presence known during the finish. Burn was nearly perfect. Draw was a bit tight at first, but opened up nicely as the smoke progressed. No complaints after the first 1/3.

*This is my first attempt at anything resembling a review. I did have a look at Halfwheel's review of the stick and I'm not sure if I would have picked up some of the flavors if I hadn't been looking for them, but they were 100% there.

Status
Not open for further replies.