What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Had the worst cigar I have ever smoked at the San Gennaro feast this past weekend. It was one from a family owned stand.... Absolutely gross.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Johnny O flying pig.
View attachment 34760

Papa fritas
View attachment 34761

Finished with a LP no.9 piggie.
View attachment 34762

-Chrisso
Chrisso, is that Johnny O flying pig similar to the DE line of pigs? Never heard of them.

-Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Johnny O does custom rolls with tobacco believed(and very likely), but not confirmed, to be from Cuba.
Shawn,

BMack is correct.

This was ROTT. The rest of the bundle was going through an isolation treatment, and then going down for a long long nap. The taste was great, so I cant wait to see what a year or two of rest will do to these things.

-Chrisso

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
Johnny O flying pig.
View attachment 34760

Papa fritas
View attachment 34761

Finished with a LP no.9 piggie.
View attachment 34762

-Chrisso
Chrisso, is that Johnny O flying pig similar to the DE line of pigs? Never heard of them.

-Shawn

Johnny O does custom rolls with tobacco believed(and very likely), but not confirmed, to be from Cuba.
Shawn,

BMack is correct.

This was ROTT. The rest of the bundle was going through an isolation treatment, and then going down for a long long nap. The taste was great, so I cant wait to see what a year or two of rest will do to these things.

-Chrisso
Thank you chrisso. Pm sent

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
uploadfromtaptalk1379958059868.jpg

This was actually Saturday night's smoke, but was having trouble uploading a pic in my phone Internet browser (leading to my recent addition of Tapatalk)

Had a natural "earthy" sweetness at the start that I really enjoyed. Still acclimating my newbie palette, so I don't have substantial tasting notes.

uploadfromtaptalk1379959193895.jpg

It maintained an even burn and held a nice white ash. Unfortunately, something came up and had to leave it abandon on the deck half way through. I do have one more and am excited to go back and finish all the way through!

I don't know anything about the brand, but I got it as part of a sampler with a cool book I've been reading called "The Cigar: From Soil to Soul."
It's seems to be quite informative for an info geek like myself who always wants to know the "how" and "why."

Back to that "abandon" part... is there any way to successfully re-start a partially smoked cigar, or do you need to just write it off as a loss and light up a new one? I've been down this road a few times and tried cutting off past the ash/burn, blowing out smoke held inside and storing in an airtight tube or baggie, but each time left me with that stale smoke taste overpowering any enjoyment whatsoever.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.