What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Really starting to dislike that bidding site...
IMAG0625.jpg
Got a box of the Diesel Anthology a while back and every stick had a damaged wrapper... and the box itself was dinged. I realize there are MANY (not necessarily their fault) factors that play in to this situation. Still frustrating.

Fortunately it doesn't affect the smoke.
IMAG0626.jpg

Last edited:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Pre-release the B&M is testing today. Only info is that it's "high-end" and it'll be around $11 for the robusto. Hopefully I'll get more info later.
View attachment 44435

Edit: it's a Hirochi Robaina and it'll be $12.50

Being a newbie not sure if I'm getting everything it has to offer but I dig it. Maybe you guys know more about it.
If it is this cigar... grab me one lol.

"Cubanacan Cigars will be launching a new cigar with the initials of familiar name. The HR blend represents the initials of Hirochi Robaina, who is the grandson of the late Don Alejandro Robaina. The brand will pay homage to the Robaina family and Hirochi will be partnering on the cigar with Cubanacan. The first HR cigar will launch at the 2014 IPCPR Trade Show in Las Vegas.

The HR is a joint effort between Hirochi and Don Omar González Alemán. Hirochi currently runs the Vegas Robaina farm located in Pinar del Río, Cuba which has been in his family since the 1800s. Gonzalez who has over 40 years involved in the cigar industry from the cultivation of tobacco to spending many of those years overseeing La Corona Cigar Factory, one of the largest factories in Havana where Cuban brands such as Romeo y Julieta, Hoyo de Monterrey, Cuaba, Por Larrañaga, Saint Luis Rey, and San Cristóbal de la Habana are rolled. Gonzalez is currently in charge of the day to day operations of tobacco growing, curing, fermentation and blending. The HR cigar is being made at the Cubanacan factory in Esteli, Nicaragua.

HR marks the first major release by Cubanacan since they restructured earlier this year. HR joins the other brands under Cubanacan Cigars that includes Mederos, Soneros, and Cubanacan.
At a glance here is a look at the HR blend:

Blend Profile

Wrapper: Ecuador Habano 2000 seed Hybrid
Binder : Nicaraguan, Jalapa
Filler: Nicaraguan, Esteli and Jalapa

Vitolas Available

Hermoso: 5 1/8 x 48
Belicoso: 5 1/2 x 52
Toro: 6 x 52
Sublime: 6 1/2 x 54

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Really starting to dislike that bidding site...
View attachment 44437
Got a box of the Diesel Anthology a while back and every stick had a damaged wrapper... and the box itself was dinged. I realize there are MANY (not necessarily their fault) factors that play in to this situation. Still frustrating.

Fortunately it doesn't affect the smoke.
View attachment 44438
Dude call them they will replace the box

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
With thanks.

If you'll notice the pen and paper, how couldn't you, I will be attempting to do a review of this smoke. It will be for private use only, but I need to practice reviewing with the blind review coming up.

Wish me luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.