Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
How was the blend?
Not bad, but very young yet. Rolled it two weeks ago and the wrapper was still a bit overcased making it more grassy. I'll report back in about two weeks when it hits the month mark.

Now this one is a month old and has much more flavor, love Nicaraguan criollo!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
J Fuego Origen
Original 5x44

It starts with cream, sweet mixed nuts, and white pepper. Quickly a stinging black spice swings in. There is a secondary spice that I can't nail down. Grass follows closely behind and I pray it disappears. Just a couple of puffs and it does. Sweet cream, mixed nuts, earth. Some reviewers said cedar, but I think balsa. Really. Black and white pepper do whatever they want to and when.
Cream steps back and earth takes over with coffee and sweet tobacco.

I'm not even 1.25" in to the smoke. This smoke has multiple personalities. All of them good so far. Occasionally the smoke is a little drying. The draw is airy, but judicious puffing keeps it cool and slow. Tons of smoke.

The second third starts and all of the flavors jockey for position. The sweetness reminds me of a fruit candy and I decide to take a typing break.

Earth, leather, cream, nuts, coffee, while or black pepper. A slightly sour taste on the finish if you puff too hard. The second third sees the profile constrict a little. It is mostly earth, leather, cream and darker wood. Coffee plays way back with something else I can't pinpoint when I hit the halfway point.

The flavors switch positions, but it is on cruise control. Pepper, sweetness, and cedar come and go as they please.

Earth, leather, light woods that get darker, pepper without the sting, coffee, and floral sweetness make up the last third. The wind started whipping up as a thunder storm rolled in and the cigar started burning hot. It caused a sour coffee taste on the finish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.