What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I think the maduro would cut some of the spice but off the bat and add more complexity... I get black pepper spice with a dry cedar after flavor. The retrohale is silky smooth at first then it throws out a grappling hook into your nostrils and fights back. There is a building sweetness but its not making a strong appearance yet. Im still in the first third though. Smooth for sure.
** Ive never been a big fan of the natural wrapped Padrons though.

At the half and that sweetness comes into pay a bit more. theres also a cinnamon flavor that makes an appearance on occasion.
I found that the stride hit with this cigar well into the first third. Most Padron Natural smokes (little hammer, 50th Hammer specifically) to my palette are spicy but soon calm to more of the typical flavors found in the 1964 blend. Overall I think the cigar stayed a solid medium all the way down and was fairly complex (grassy, soft woody notes, chocolate, sweet cream, coffee grounds, aged tobacco mustiness, with a mild spice on the retro) with a lot going on mostly in the 2nd third and at the start of the final third. The final third was pretty disappointing imo and got pretty acrid with about an inch to go. Like yourself, I think the Maduro might be better with this blend but unless I can obtain it for the same price that I obtained the natural, I wont be seeking out anytime soon. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.