What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
La Aurora 1495 (Robusto)

According to Famous these have been in my tupperdor for three months and five days. Now, everything good about them starts on the first puffs. Sweet, earthy, chocolate, cream, cashews and just a hint of spice. This is an example of taking just a few flavors and executing them perfectly.

Edit:
Entering the second third the Dominican corojo takes over and the bright flavors start fading back. Now the earth is getting a dark Nicaraguan flavor underneath, the chocolate is more forward, the spice ticks up, and the cream slides back a notch. The sweet and cashew flavors are now tertiary but satisfying. Coffee bean leap frogs up towards the front and things take a decidedly more Nicaraguan bent as you close in on the band. A hint of wood creeps in about 1/8th of an inch from the band.

In the second half the burn slowed way down. It ended up being an 80 minute smoke.

Last edited:

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0

Remembering one of my best friends on what would have been his 35th birthday, with what has become my traditional smoke in his memory, the Crowned Heads Angel's Anvil 2014. I miss you every day, Bill. #inmemoriam
Awesome brother. Glad you still kept these! Every anniversary seems to get easier, but still very tough.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Got any leads on some more of those? Would love to try them!

:singing:
Sorry, that was the last one but he did have some glass top Montecristos. haha

Oh Man......I've been trying to find a box of Glass top Cohibas forever!!

I know it's not polite to discuss sources but could you please get in touch with me via PM? I need to get me some of those ;)
Buddy of mine goes to Cancun every two months of so and always buys these. He said he know's they're fakes but thinks they taste better than the real ones, he even talks them down from $50 to $20.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Marshmallow blend? Do go on...
My first blend I ever came up with on my own has flavors of toasted marshmallows, cocoa, and hints of graham crackers. I had used up most of the different leaf I needed to make the blend for a while due to a vendor being out of stock. Vendor has the leaf in stock now and with some new minor tweaks it is back and better than ever. No marshmallows with the CBL wrapper, but it's still there with the PA broadleaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.