What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Coffee syphon. A full immersion brewing method that has temperature stability. Cloth filter and immersion brewing allows for more oils to be in your cup (gives the flavor more body), while maintaining the cleanliness (in terms of no sediment) of a pour-over. Best of both worlds.
Cool. The science teacher in me loves this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Coffee syphon. A full immersion brewing method that has temperature stability. Cloth filter and immersion brewing allows for more oils to be in your cup (gives the flavor more body), while maintaining the cleanliness (in terms of no sediment) of a pour-over. Best of both worlds.
I was wondering what that was as well. Pretty cool. So what would be the benefit over a French press as I use one of those, sediment maybe?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was wondering what that was as well. Pretty cool. So what would be the benefit over a French press as I use one of those, sediment maybe?

No sediment is a big thing; it's a much cleaner cup. The bigger thing, for me, is that the water doesn't start cooling off the moment it's off the boil because the heat source has to keep going to keep the water expanded in vapor form until you're ready for it to suck back down. Thus, you can control brew time and grind size for a quicker brew and better extraction. It has all the juicy, bright, clean notes of a pour over, with the roundness of a French press. Plus it's badass science.

Status
Not open for further replies.