What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
New #whiskeyadventures, this time with Monkey Shoulder, one of the finest blended scotches I've ever tasted. Paired with a Luminosa, with thanks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sounds like you've just made up my mind for my next bottle purchase. I was eyeballing it at the shop last time I was there.

First cigar in a week, been fighting a respiratory issue and finally feeling better.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
You can't go wrong with this, man. It's risky adorable too, which I love. This bottle was $34.

Yup, same price as my shop. I'm usually more into bourbon than scotch. As long as it isn't really peaty I think I will enjoy it though. Looking to change things up some.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yup, same price as my shop. I'm usually more into bourbon than scotch. As long as it isn't really peaty I think I will enjoy it though. Looking to change things up some.
This isn't peaty at all. It really doesn't have a very prominent smoke character. In fact, if you're looking to get into scotch, as long as you avoid Islay scotches, you'll probably have a pretty good experience. Look for Speyside or Highlands single malts to get you started. Come to think of it, if you are a bourbon guy, as I was and still am, Auchentoshan Three Wood is probably the perfect gateway into scotch. It's not too expensive, and in my opinion a perfectly bridges the gap between bourbon and scotch. If you check it out, let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.