What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
To me, the finish is one of the best I've had. On the tongue, it's bold and smokey for sure but then it surprised me how smooth it is on the finish. To compare to say, Stagg Jr., I'd take the Bulleit barrel strength all day. I think a good comparison would be to Bookers. If you find a bottle, grab it.
Nice I'm definatly going to keep an eye out for that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What flavor notes did you pick up in the profile?
I got the usual leather and cedar with some hay/earthiness and lots of spices and black pepper....what really threw me for a loop though was about halfway through, I had a couple draws that were straight up spearmint. Not even kidding!

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got the usual leather and cedar with some hay/earthiness and lots of spices and black pepper....what really threw me for a loop though was about halfway through, I had a couple draws that were straight up spearmint. Not even kidding!
The perfect balance of leather and cedar! That's what I love about those! Glad you enjoyed it!

Spearmint??? No way! That s crazy. Never have I noted that flavor on any cigar!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The perfect balance of leather and cedar! That's what I love about those! Glad you enjoyed it!

Spearmint??? No way! That s crazy. Never have I noted that flavor on any cigar!
Yeah man I'm 100% serious. It really threw me off and my wife even laughed because I was making a funny "wtf" face. It was only there for two draws, back to back. Maybe it was because of what I had for dinner or something but it was spearmint, plain as day!

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It was a natural, decent med bodied stick. Not that complex or anything, but good. I'd definitely go for another.
Try the O Maduro. These are fairly complex imo. Damn good if you ask me.

Yeah man I'm 100% serious. It really threw me off and my wife even laughed because I was making a funny "wtf" face. It was only there for two draws, back to back. Maybe it was because of what I had for dinner or something but it was spearmint, plain as day!
I agree. Probably something that melded with the tobacco flavor to give that note. But Damn I wish I could get a spearmint taste on sticks!

I haven't met an Oliva O that I didn't like!
This is my first time enjoying one of these. I'm so glad I bought a box cause I'm definitely enjoying these in the better weather. Have you had an O Maduro?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is my first time enjoying one of these. I'm so glad I bought a box cause I'm definitely enjoying these in the better weather. Have you had an O Maduro?
I have had the habano and the maduro version both and I liked them both. I might spring for a box of the maduro O's in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.