What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Like @Glassman said diet is a big one and you can also put either white noise or I have some brain wave entrainment that I used in my pediatric clinicals to help with delta waves, or sleep states, that I can send you. Shoot me a PM if you want them. If you’re not still breast feeding they also make specialized nipples for bottles to reduce air intake. Burping during feeding rather than just after is also a good way to mitigate it. Let me know if you’d like any other resources there are also some positioning things you can do with the baby. Good luck brother, all the best to you and the wife.
What's terrible is that most medical professionals never mention it to new parents, and some actually deny it. :meh: I've had several friends who's doctors and nurses contradicted my advice, but they realized it was true from personal experience in short order.
One RN actually told my friends, "the milk is made from the "cardiovascular system" :eek: so what you eat doesn't affect it... o_O :bored: :banghead:

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
What's terrible is that most medical professionals never mention it to new parents, and some actually deny it. :meh: I've had several friends who's doctors and nurses contradicted my advice, but they realized it was true from personal experience in short order.
One RN actually told my friends, "the milk is made from the "cardiovascular system" :eek: so what you eat doesn't affect it... o_O :bored: :banghead:
They are all dumbasses. Diet is a big factor. My old supervisor had mothers keep diaries to track what they ate in accordance with how the baby reacted to help rule out specific things. The list you gave is a great start but diaries are helpful in narrowing it down further, and to help with some babies that just react poorly to different things. Positioning and holding them even when they aren't crying has also been shown in the research to decrease the amount of time they remain colicky. It's miserable to have a baby that's colicky, I don't know how you guys did it. I give you both a lot of credit.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
They are all dumbasses. Diet is a big factor. My old supervisor had mothers keep diaries to track what they ate in accordance with how the baby reacted to help rule out specific things. The list you gave is a great start but diaries are helpful in narrowing it down further, and to help with some babies that just react poorly to different things. Positioning and holding them even when they aren't crying has also been shown in the research to decrease the amount of time they remain colicky. It's miserable to have a baby that's colicky, I don't know how you guys did it. I give you both a lot of credit.
3 weeks with almost no sleep and a screaming baby in agony.. I nearly lost my mind. It's a big f'n deal. Makes me furious how they handle it. And it was such a simple solution... And so easily prevented. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.