Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Same here Austin...I don't get it...no 1985's in my humi either! :headroll:

I don't know yet, but something tasty after work to celebrate the wife's new position within her company! :thumbsup: Completely out of the blue. Proud as heck of her.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
pharmgator said:
I'm going with a Sublime tonight.
Post a review of that, will ya? I want to know if my box is prime to break into yet. I don't have any desire to keep these long term (buyers remorse, actually) so I think I'm just gonna burn em once the start smoking decent again.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
So I decided to be brave and smoke my first V.R. Jubliam. I LOOOOVE the V.R. line and I figured it was time to torch one since they have a little over a year of age on them. So I reached in a grabbed a single and started the process. This cigar was WONDERFUL! If you love the V.R. line, you NEED to find some! I can't really describe the tastes, but I will say torch one and find out for yourself :thumbsup: Now I'm glad I waited to smoke it and also that I have a couple singles and boxes left :halfgrinw :innocent:

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Good for you Cliff. I have yet to smoke one of the Jube's either. Perhaps I will have to bring one on my fishing trip next week out west. I'm compiling a list of "must bring's" and "would like to bring" as we speak. Somehow I just don't think my dad, 3 of his buddies and myself will smoke through the 100 cigars that I want to bring, in just 4 days. LOL! I remember just last year when my stock was dreadfully low, thinking "If I only had 50 spare cigars to bring on this trip, i'd be happy!" Now, I've got more than enough without having to break into any of my DO NOT TOUCH stock.

Anyway, This afternoon at my weekly (or supposed to be, at least) Saturday lunch visit to a local tavern, I torched a dreadfully young RdM Tainos. It had just had it's 4th birthday and is no where near being ready to enjoy. These cigars are an incredibly slow maturing beast. Choix's and Gran Coronas are much easier on the pallate at this age. Oh well, at least it was big on RDM flavors. Those are always yummy!

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
gvlagos said:
Cliff, i'm glad you liked this cigar. When they came out, for some reason i didn't jump on the train and purchase any. From the photographs i have seen they appear to be top notch. Sounds like these taste great now, but will turn into jems in the future.
I was a little hesitant of the size at first, but it seems they used 1st rate tobacco in these :thumbsup: They'll definitely be gems in the future.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Friday afterwork was '97 PSD#4

Saturday afternoon was a El Laguito custom roll

Saturday night at the card game was 1985 ERDM Lonsdale & '05 Upmann #2

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I'm sick so I'm taking it easy and smoking Macanudo '97 vintage demi's. I dunno if it's because I'm sick or not, but they aren't the best demi out there.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
indyrob said:
I'm sick so I'm taking it easy and smoking Macanudo '97 vintage demi's. I dunno if it's because I'm sick or not, but they aren't the best demi out there.
You need a strong cuban cigar to get you over this sickness. I reccomend PSD#4, BBF, Uncios...Hmmmm :halfgrinw

Just kidding Rob...Hope you get better :thumbsup:

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
geoffrie said:
Friday afterwork was '97 PSD#4

Saturday afternoon was a El Laguito custom roll

Saturday night at the card game was 1985 ERDM Lonsdale & '05 Upmann #2
Had a Partagas PC Tubo from 02 tonight.

{The Upmann #2 was from Tubaman - it started off so-so but then has showed off some coffee flavor halfway through and finished nicely. I think the #2s are on sale at everyone's favorite vendor from HK.)

Status
Not open for further replies.