What's new

Today's Smoke - 2023

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What did you think Mike?
The old Signature definitely was more of a flavor bomb. This is more subtle and nuanced. It is a more mature smoke, but may leave some feeling underwhelmed for the price compared to the 25th Anniversary or Eiroa PCA 2021. In fact, with the 25th already in the CLE line, this seems like it makes more sense as a step up from the Eiroa Classic. All of the issues I read about in the Half Wheel and Cigar Coop reviews seem to have been worked out.

It had decent transitions but there was a pretty steady note of toasty tobacco, cedar, and hay. The finish is leathery with a touch of cream until the final third when dry earth replaces it. I would say it is something I might grab in the lounge when the mood hits. I wouldn't be hunting it down if it wasn't in front of me. Not bad, and it definitely fits the price, just not something I need to have around on a regular basis.

I would reach for an Eiroa PCA first of I was looking to try the Honduran Cameroon. If I wanted a refined and sophisticated Honduran smoke I would reach for an Eiroa Jamastran first. If I want a flavor bomb the 25th fits the bill better. I guess in the end, I just don't see the necessity of bringing this particular blend in to the portfolio as anything besides a companion to the Eiroa Classic and Dark.