What's new

Today's Smoke - 2023

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Having a Montecristo 1935 #2, that I purchased when I first heard about them in Oct 2021. It’s the only NC Monte I’ve ever cared much for, and a year and a half of rest served this tobacco very well, actually. Getting a lot of medium roast coffee, some bitter chocolate, barbecued meat, and a little sourdough bread. Also some blackberry and cream showed up in the second half.
Coupling with a drink I invented, I’m calling it Funky Buffalo…. 2 oz Buffalo Trace, 1 oz 100% cranberry juice, 1 oz orange juice, and a splash of seltzer water. The citrus and tart are complimenting the cigar very nicely!

0EE64ED9-7973-4963-B354-B70335593CF6.jpeg

AB209EDB-E9CA-4146-BFE8-F54F8E86A4BA.jpeg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a Montecristo 1935 #2, that I purchased when I first heard about them in Oct 2021. It’s the only NC Monte I’ve ever cared much for, and a year and a half of rest served this tobacco very well, actually. Getting a lot of medium roast coffee, some bitter chocolate, barbecued meat, and a little sourdough bread. Also some blackberry and cream showed up in the second half.
Coupling with a drink I invented, I’m calling it Funky Buffalo…. 2 oz Buffalo Trace, 1 oz 100% cranberry juice, 1 oz orange juice, and a splash of seltzer water. The citrus and tart are complimenting the cigar very nicely!

View attachment 179831

View attachment 179832
I’ve not tried it but what is the “slant” cut supposed to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I’ve not tried it but what is the “slant” cut supposed to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do it on torpedos, pyramids, or cigars with tapered heads. It gives more surface area to the cut, supposedly helping the draw a little bit. Not always necessary, but sometimes helps. I’ve gotten into the habit of doing it on any cigar with a tapered head. I think some call it the “Dickeman cut.”