What's new

Todayscigar.com Loses Their Credit Card Processor

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
The big issue is cigarettes. The Mastercard Visa associations were leaned on by the feds and inturn leaned on the processors to not accept cards for "tobacco". Everyone freaked and JR, naturally, asked for a ruling. The ruling came back that the ban was specific to cigarettes and NOT cigars. Many of the processors, receiving the first memo and not the second cut all tobaco processing rather than risk not being able to process Visa and Mastercard transaction which would bankrupt them.

I have spent the last year educating stupid people that did not pay attention. I have contacted three processors that I know will deal with cigars and pipe tobacco and referred them to this victim. They should be up very quickly.
Very good info Chuck...and nicely done on the referral.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Thank you all for the support...

As soon as we get the "go-ahead" from our lawyer, I'll let everyone know the details of what happened, and what processor was responsible. Its a pretty big name.

I will say that we had less than one business day's notice before this happened. That didn't exactly give us the time to get together with our lawyer to discuss our options, or to put a stop to the termination.

Thanks again.
-Jim Drewes aka 42
TodaysCigar.com
Very cool and...
:welcome:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Good luck, Jim! I know it'll all work out in the end, but I hate to see someone get the shaft from some big, cold-hearted corporation that just isn't thinking.

I'll definitely be checking out your site in the future!

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thank you Chuck, for the quick action, and best of luck to you, Jim. I agree that we have to be vocal and proactive against Fed. discrimination, EVERY time it arises.

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
I think they are done...for some reason no other cc processor will touch them even though there are hundreds of sites selling cigars..........something smells:scratchhe