What's new

Tom's Fine Aged Tobacco (Walk In)

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
It better be done before July 30th lol. That is when I leave for flight school. You should be seeing lots of updates coming next Tuesday. I will update when I get more.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Tom, thanks for documenting the process. I am going to build a walk-in with the next house and will definitely be hitting you up for advice.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signed up so I can subscribe to the thread. I am thinking you are taking way too long to put up the next set of pictures.... Maybe the walk though with the video camera?

I guess ever man can be hopeful these days.

It looks awesome can't wait to see it.

By the ay how thick is the plywood?

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
The ceiling piece has split. Good thing we bought an extra piece for mishaps. So this is the finished product that I am super happy with. I have tons of room for expansion when my collection grows bigger. The current new plan is this. Glass top shelf that is flat so you can see what is on the shelf. Add a vent with a temperature damper so it only turn on when needed and moisture isn't lost. I will have to do some research and find one that seals very well.

So the things I have learned. Building on is a lot harder then converting.

Temperature is harder to control then humidity is. If you can try to build it away from an outside wall.

Accumoniter is the only way to go for humidity control.

Only LED lighting. Don't be stupid and think that ohhh I won't leave the light on that long and I don't need to spend the extra 200-300 dollars for LED. Trust me it is the only way to go.

RO system is a must. Super easy and you can just plug the tank line so no worry about stagnate water.

If you have any questions just ask.