What's new

Tongue Bite

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, even with the slight 'bite' I was experiencing in the beginning I was still enjoying smoking the pipe.

The last five times I have smoked I have managed to keep the bowl pretty well lit and cool at the same time.

Tell ya what, when you can smoke a bowl cool and bite free it really increases the enjoyment and significantly increases the nuances of the flavours present.

Big thanks to Ted for helping get started with his starter pack he sent me. :thumbsup:

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah, tongue bite goes away with experience, mainly in bowl packing I've found. The only downside was that whenever I brushed my teeth it was seriously painful and I don't know why. Otherwise I'd still be smoking one :D

Have fun!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Tell ya what, when you can smoke a bowl cool and bite free it really increases the enjoyment and significantly increases the nuances of the flavours present.:
No doubt! I rather enjoyed the whole process of learning the pipe smoking craft. I found a well built up cake is golden.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
FPDoc77 said:
I really need to try a pipe. I have been reading these posts for awhile now. You guys have me interested.
Boswells can set you up with a starter set. :thumbsup:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
If you call them they could hook you up with everything you would need.

My Dad and I really like the Boswell's tobaccos. They aren't listed on their site so, again, you would have to contact them.

Not having a full service website is one method for them to control the amount of business they receive, it's really just the three of them...JM, Gail, and Dan.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Spice-N-Nice goes well with coffee and has great room aroma. All of their blends are good. If you call or leave a message on the WEB, they will send you a listing and description of their blends. Tell em Todd-N-Ray sent ya!:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Isn't the bite from the pipe getting too hot, it's really about steam to some extent, it's also important to use pipecleaners..LIBERALly and often...

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Keep in mind though, if you call them and say "I would like to get your starter kit" they are not going to know WTF you are talking about because they don't have one.

Now, if you call and explain you are just getting started and would like to pick up one of their pipes and a few small, like half ounce, samples of tobacco they would be more than happy to help you out.

Also, keep in mind they live in the country and say it like it is so don't mistake their straight forward demeanor as being rude or anything. :thumbsup: