What's new

Tony Soprano Having his own cigar .

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Tony Soprano Cigar from C.A.O.

Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006

By David Savona

It's a cigar fit for the Don -- C.A.O. The SopranosSM Limited Edition Tony Soprano Signature Series Cigar. The special smoke is going to debut at the Retail Tobacco Dealers of America trade show on July 17.

The 6-inch-long, 60-ring-gauge cigar is a limited-edition addition to the C.A.O. line of cigars made in honor of the hit HBO mob show. The smokes come in an individually numbered humidor, each of which holds 48 cigars.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Features/CA_Feature_Basic_Template/0,2344,1537,00.html

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man, NObody in the cigar business knows how to market as well as CAO. I just wish the flavor of their cigars matched their price and self-created hype. JMO, YMMV.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
CAO is the king of marketing. The Soprano is an OK cigar but due to the licensing they have to pay HBO, the pricemark is way too high IMO

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL, you are so right vperlman, I bet every mafioso wannabee is going to be lighting one of these up in my neck of the woods(Brooklyn,NY). You know these will be super expensive, personally I would rather get ripped off buying a Cohiba then a Cao Soprano.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I smoked a nat sherman banker that was up around 60. Way too big, it felt very wrong if you get my drift.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just wanna try one. I usually go to a Sopranos party at the begining of the season,it would be cool to have one of these with me.

Quadry

Master Shake
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A ring size like that would make you feel like you were sucking off John Holmes! It would be like the chocolate covered bananas. I have to go around the corner and eat those things at a fair, but then I feel even worse, because I am eating the curved thing in the alley. It just feels wrong.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
caudio51 said:
CAO is the king of marketing. The Soprano is an OK cigar but due to the licensing they have to pay HBO, the pricemark is way too high IMO
There are many CAO's I like but the Soprano just doesn't provide the bang for the buck. I agree Tom, all marketing costs on this one.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Quadry said:
A ring size like that would make you feel like you were sucking off John Holmes! It would be like the chocolate covered bananas. I have to go around the corner and eat those things at a fair, but then I feel even worse, because I am eating the curved thing in the alley. It just feels wrong.
Oh shit! That's too funny :hysterica

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Quadry said:
That's too funny!