What's new

Too much humidity in the Tupper-dor...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
OK, diagnosis folks. No active humidifier in the tupperdor. Know the hygros are accurate within 1-2%. About 1/3rd of a pound of Heartfelt beads in it that are mostly whitish (a few are clear, but not half). And a bunch of cedar sheets, and pieces. Yet evertime I close the dang lid the humidity creeps up to around 69%.

I pulled an active humdifier out of there two-three days ago. Does it just need more time? I know this thing seals like a sum-bitch as I've kept it at 67% before with nothing but cigars in boxes inside.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I found that once my tupperdors reached the desired RH I could totally remove all humidifying media and they would stay stable or several days.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
But shouldn't the beads not really act as a "humidifying" agent if they have the ability to "pull" moisture and the RH is above 65%?

But yeah, I found the same thing Todd.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
As long as the beads are mostly white they will extract moisture from the tupperdor. It takes time though if the contents were moist in the first place. Remember all the smokes and the boxes have to give up their extra moisture to the beads before the humidity will balance. A quick hair dryer over the beads will dry them out. But this is all dependant on you hygrometer being accurate. I know you said it was but ya never know.