What's new

Took the crew to the vet today

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Do they take turns riding shotgun or do they just decide among themselves? Looks like a healthy, happy group!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yes we do. They are all rescues. Fortunately my wife is a dog whisperer and has them very well trained. After they initially greet you one would never even know they are around. The down side is my wife wants to save them all. She has such a passion for animals. That's part of why I love her so much. It does take a toll on the checkbook come vet time particularly with regards to Heart Worm prevention. Dang! Those little vials of whatever is in there can eat up the better part of the $300 every other month very quickly. But....they are part of our family.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, I think my dogs get better healthcare then I do. Guess you don't get away very often, we have to budget boarding whenever we plan a trip.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes we do. They are all rescues. Fortunately my wife is a dog whisperer and has them very well trained. After they initially greet you one would never even know they are around. The down side is my wife wants to save them all. She has such a passion for animals. That's part of why I love her so much. It does take a toll on the checkbook come vet time particularly with regards to Heart Worm prevention. Dang! Those little vials of whatever is in there can eat up the better part of the $300 every other month very quickly. But....they are part of our family.
Same here. All ours except the Shepherd are rescues. We had 7 a few years ago and would put them in the cattle trailer and go. On the heartworm prevention, this is what we do. After getting them tested we use injectable Ivermectin from the feed store. It is given by mouth not injected. Very important. The dose is 1 cc or ml per 100 lbs each month. A bottle is about $40 and will last us a year. Example the smallest one we have is 60 lbs. He gets a .6 ml dose every month. Tastes terrible so I hide it in some gravy over their food. The dose is very important. Our vet gave us the info due to the huge expense. He does the cattle and horses too so he gets plenty from us already. Just wanted to pass this info on. You can buy more cigars with the savings.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We've got a lab rescue (just one) and I already cringe every time I see a vet bill, I can only imagine x9!....my wife works w a rescue here in the dc metro area but we don't have the space or time for more than one...and I'd probably lose my mind

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Wow, we used to have 4 and were in doggie overload. Especially when a fight would break out with them trying to establish their dominance.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Beautiful bunch of pups you have there. We have 5 and the vet bills can be overwhelming at times. We get most their shots from the Humane Society in Southern MD and that keeps the costs down a bit.
Our youngest pug just had surgery to repair a luxating patella and that cost a tad over $2,200.
no cigar purchases for a while.......but, small price to pay to not see him in pain any longer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful bunch of pups you have there. We have 5 and the vet bills can be overwhelming at times. We get most their shots from the Humane Society in Southern MD and that keeps the costs down a bit.
Our youngest pug just had surgery to repair a luxating patella and that cost a tad over $2,200.
no cigar purchases for a while.......but, small price to pay to not see him in pain any longer.
I feel your pain. The one over my left shoulder is scheduled for CCL ( like a ACL in a person) surgery. This will be our 3rd. I tell our vet we should at least get a small Nascar type decal on the truck he uses for farm calls. 4 months rehab is not fun for them.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I feel your pain. The one over my left shoulder is scheduled for CCL ( like a ACL in a person) surgery. This will be our 3rd. I tell our vet we should at least get a small Nascar type decal on the truck he uses for farm calls. 4 months rehab is not fun for them.
That's a tough surgery also. We have a mix breed that we got from the beagle rescue that had the CCl surgery two years ago and now needs it on the other knee. ( we wanted to know what mix she was and wouldn't you know there is NO beagle in her) Anyway, good luck!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Our wives must be related as mine will take any rescue animal in and then adopt them. She gives them a name right off which means she's keeping them. She gives them a bedroom with an actual bed...TV...snacks...it's bizarre! Vet bills nearly killed me for shots and checkup last week....$250. I knew I should have bought canine insurance. They get better care than I do.

Poor pups are like woooo car ride until they see the doors to the vets office!!! LOL.
I've got 2 rescues....one will ALWAYS take a giant crap once he gets inside the office....he's very popular there.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Our wives must be related as mine will take any rescue animal in and then adopt them. She gives them a name right off which means she's keeping them. She gives them a bedroom with an actual bed...TV...snacks...it's bizarre! Vet bills nearly killed me for shots and checkup last week....$250. I knew I should have bought canine insurance. They get better care than I do.

I've got 2 rescues....one will ALWAYS take a giant crap once he gets inside the office....he's very popular there.
Mine always was pretty good outside and inside the office, until the doors to the exam room opened and then the "sit down strikes" commenced. We'd have to drag her across the floor or at one point we'd just pick her up and bring her into the room. All 85 pounds of yellow lab. Then she'd stand on the exam table and start trembling. We had to stay by her head and show her we were still there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a tough surgery also. We have a mix breed that we got from the beagle rescue that had the CCl surgery two years ago and now needs it on the other knee. ( we wanted to know what mix she was and wouldn't you know there is NO beagle in her) Anyway, good luck!
He had the surgery yesterday and is doing good. His name is Sox with his white feet. Good luck with yours.
IMG_20170802_104723686_TOP.jpg