What's new

TOOL fans?

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Hey brothers, I recently bought a ticket along with a couple friends to see TOOL in concert in a couple weeks. They are coming to San Diego and I've never seen them live. I've listened to them off and on throughout the years. One of the guys going with me has seen them a couple times and says it's always a great show.

I'm hoping they blow the doors off!!!

Anyone here seen them live and want to share your experience?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Seen them and A Perfect Circle. Not sure what to tell you other than that they are just as awesome live. There wasn't any crazy dance moves or props on stage like a pop concert, just some of the most brilliant musicians in metal doing their fucking thing.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I've seen them live a couple times as well as A Perfect Circle live once. The musical performance is amazing, they are so on that it almost sounds like you're listening to the recorded album. They have brought up guest musicians on stage in the past when I've seen them for special performances for a song or two in the middle of the concert. They don't run around and do stupid shit, they pretty much just play and it's an amazing concert experience.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Fantastic live shows. Maynard is a character, I have seen him wear a cloth diaper through a whole set. They did a show with suspended nudes on either side of the stage. Awesome visuals. They play better live than recorded imo. you are in for a treat for sure.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I've seen them three times. I'm not a "metal head" at all, and not saying tool is really metal. But they put on a fantastic show. The second time I saw them is still in my top ten shows I've seen.

You're in for a treat.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Fantastic live shows. Maynard is a character, I have seen him wear a cloth diaper through a whole set. They did a show with suspended nudes on either side of the stage. Awesome visuals. They play better live than recorded imo. you are in for a treat for sure.
Yeah, he wore brown underwear and a blond wig when I saw them once, lol.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Tool has an awesome live performance. Lots of energy and some crazy visual effects recently. Definitely one of my favorite bands. I actually have two tattoos that are based on tool artwork. You will have a kick ass time.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
worth it, unequivocally, if you dig their recorded material. they put EVERYTHING into the music. you can feel it.

when i saw them (lateralis?), maynard did the entire set facing away from the stage, no spots on him, almost invisible. you are there for the performance, not the personalities, but DAMN they perform. o)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have not seen them live, but I share your zeal for the band. I know you might wanna shoot me for this, but 10k is my favorite.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Big Fan - Saw them once , outdoors on the windward side of Oahu back in '93 - Great Show !

Interesting to note about the performance - Layne Staley was nearly on stage the whole time , but he was literally out of it. Just standing in front of the mic. Head down , shades on , and not a much of a word.

How was it ?

Last edited:

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
How was the show??!!
The show was great! One of the best live performances I've seen. The lead singer was in the back almost right next to the drummer the whole time in the shadows, which was surprising to me. It truly was about the music. The and videography was amazing and went well with the music. I hope to see them again!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
How was the show??!!
The show was great! One of the best live performances I've seen. The lead singer was in the back almost right next to the drummer the whole time in the shadows, which was surprising to me. It truly was about the music. The and videography was amazing and went well with the music. I hope to see them again!
Glad to hear it! Maynard doesn't do the front man thing with Tool. Even in APC and Puscifer he wears disguises. Their shows are like jam sessions now. Love it.