What's new

Top 10 Greatest Blues Songs of All Time

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Everyone has named some great ones so far. I would go to different blues concerts with my dad and uncle growing up.
By far, my first favorite is JLH. As a young boy, I got to see John Lee Hooker preform twice at the Long Beach blues festival here in California before he passed. Amazing musician. Boom Boom and one scotch, one burbon, and one beer.
My second is Little Milton. Amazing way he always poured his heart and soul into every song he sang. I got to see him on a number of occasions and he never played the same song the same way. He always had a different story to tell while playing his set.
There are so many more to mention. Pinetop Perkins, Bobby Blue Bland, Etta James, Ruth Brown, Koko Taylor, Arthur Adams, Guitar Shorty, etc.
Blues will always have a special place in my heart.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
One of my personal favs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
X1000.
I'm a modern-ish blues kinda guy myself. Zeppelin is, IMO, the GOAT, as far as rock.
They definitely stole a lot of songs from lots of people, most notably great blues performers. I still think they took a lot of great old songs and made them better.
As a side note, Metallica is another band that covers old songs better than the originals, except for Turn the Page. Seger's version is still better

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Massachusetts or Grand Cayman depending on weather
Man, the blues! First live concert I ever went to was James Cotton Blues band in a small club in Boston. That was the first time I heard the blues and I was hooked for life. I played sax in a blues band for a few years and we played a lot of the classic great tunes, but the one semi-classic that always give me a good laugh is Bromberg's Will Not Be your Fool.

And I have to get something by Otis Rush in there

And T-bone Walker Stormy Monday

And Elmore James Dust My Broom

And Robert Johnson Sweet Home Chicago

And Charles Brown's Driftin' Blues - but my favorite version is by Paul Butterfield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLFlMbyA0r8

And..., and..., ...... so many good tunes hard to know where to stop.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
X1000.
I'm a modern-ish blues kinda guy myself. Zeppelin is, IMO, the GOAT, as far as rock.
They definitely stole a lot of songs from lots of people, most notably great blues performers. I still think they took a lot of great old songs and made them better.
As a side note, Metallica is another band that covers old songs better than the originals, except for Turn the Page. Seger's version is still better
Hard to argue with Zeppelin being a greater rock band, although I think you could make a pretty strong case for the Doors being a greater blues band...