What's new

Top Cigars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have just started smoking not very long ago and want to find out more about hard to get cigars. Could you guys type some cigars that you should not pass up if you see them and cigars that are worthy of trading for other one. If i ever get in a cigar pass i want to make sure i can take something and have o worthy cigar of replacing it with. Maybee even rate the cigars on a scale of 1-10 10 being the hardest to get. Thanks i think if this goes well will vastly increase my knowlege of certain cigars.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
If you ask 10 people this question you will mostly get 10 different answers. The best thing to do is get in the newbie trade thread and ask for samplers of what other like to form your own opinion and your own top 10.

For me there is no magical cigar or mfg. that I would buy no matter what or a scale of hard to finds. I just try to buy things on sale for what I like or want to try. Doing box splits is a great way to do this to lessen the costs of trying new cigars. I hope this helps and good luck in finding what you like.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'd look at some Cigar Reviews and see what other people are saying and then go out and try some of those. :) I've put together an Index on my site of all my reviews.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Padron Annis
Opus X
AF Anejos
AF Don Carlos w/Anniversario & senior blends
AF Hemingways w/natty & maduro
Tatuaje
DPG's
Cubans w/age (though they are illegal)

I don't know the list can go on and on. Find some sticks you like by reading some reviews. Be careful of marketing machine cigar companies that sell crap but pay the big mags to review them favorably. Most of all learn as much as you can and base your taste on what you like.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried all of these but I think most will agree that just about anything from these NC manufacturers are likely to be very good:

Arturo Fuente
Don Pepin
Tatuaje
Oliva
Padron
Ashton
Joya de Nicaragua

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
THanks for the help sofar guys. Im not just looking for what i like but what other would think is valuable for when i do passes and stuff like that.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Honestly guys? Do you all really like fuente that much? I have had a tone of all of this stuff and I just don't really get it. Especially the Anjeo and the Opus. I just don't get it. Most of his stuff is way over priced and for the money I'd rather be smoking Well ISOM. Need some Help and an explination?

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Hard to find doesn't always translate into exceptional stick (IMVHO). Although the Opi's are great with a few years on them. Litto Gomez Diez Anos and Small Batch are hard to find and pretty good as well. PAMS (Padron Anniversary Maduros) seem to be a bit easier to find lately and they are always a good bet. I've been underwhelmed by Anejos but recently smoked one with a few years on it and definitely like them! Same with Casa Fuentes (avail only from Las Vegas?) I've been liking the Aurora 100 Anos and this is their last year. May not be too hard to get now, but.........

I agree, get into a pass or the Newbie Sampler

Oh, and Welcome again!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea i am just going to have to start jumping in on a few things. Its nice to look in and see some rare ones in the humi when you first start out

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Well, all you guys that don't like your Anejos can send em to me, I love me!!! I'll PM my addy:eyebrow:.

Really, though, they're right, find something that you like. I wouldn't think that I would like an Anejo because I HATE the coffee taste in most Maduros. I mean I despise coffee!!!!!!!!!! But I tried one and fell in love. Occasionally I get one that's a dud, but they're almost all dynamite! Everyone's suggestion to try a bunch of stuff is the best way to go. Start finding out what countries you like, what strengths and profiles. Then you can start looking at whether or not you like certain blenders.

Rare cigars are nice for collectors, but it's not easy to get there and you need to get your feet wet first.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly guys? Do you all really like fuente that much? I have had a tone of all of this stuff and I just don't really get it. Especially the Anjeo and the Opus. I just don't get it. Most of his stuff is way over priced and for the money I'd rather be smoking Well ISOM. Need some Help and an explination?
Just a matter of taste. I love most Fuentes and Anejos, but I have never had an Opus that I particularly liked. I disagree strongly about Fuentes being over-priced, though. The regular line and Chateau series are very reasonable and less expensive than comparable quality smokes from lots of other labels, such as RP, Macanudo, Don Pepin, Tatuaje, etc. Yes, Hemingways and Don Carlos are more expensive, but you don't have to smoke them to get a great Fuente cigar. In fact, Anejos only run around $8 or so at MSRP...