What's new

Top Quality Cigars website..?????

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Sorry if this is already been discussed, but I couldn't find it if so...

Every time I try to visit Top Quality Cigars, I get redirected to some marketing website, and then Firefox crashes....WTF??

I have two reputable antivirus programs installed, and my computer is not infected (that's what she said...)

...Anyone else having similar issues??

Thanks in advance :)

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
As soon as I click on the "cigar brands" dropdown, I get the redirection.
Me too with Firefox... that's strange. With Internet Explorer it seems to work fine though. I messaged the guy that does the work behind the site... happen to know him.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
site loads fine, but it's definitely jenky. weird links to an email marketing corporate site. it doesn't look like anything purposefully nefarious is going on, but I'd be careful using the site. actually, i wouldn't use any ecomm site that behaved like this.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Thanks for all the replies...

It happened on my iPad too, so I am glad to know my PC is not infected.

Also glad to hear that others have the same issue, and that it seems to be just a bad link, and not anything malicious.

Gracias!

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Odd.....Works fine for me on PC using IE and Mac using Chrome.

However, I do get that redirect on Chrome on my PC.

Weird bug....

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I messaged the guy that does the work behind the site... happen to know him.
I got a text message from top quality cigar. They are currently trying to fix the issue and thanked BOTL for letting them know. A work around for the drop down menu issue is to click the buttons below the drop down. It provides the same navigation capability. For example, you can click "Complete Cigar List" and then the cigar that you are looking for...

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I got a text message from top quality cigar. They are currently trying to fix the issue and thanked BOTL for letting them know. A work around for the drop down menu issue is to click the buttons below the drop down. It provides the same navigation capability. For example, you can click "Complete Cigar List" and then the cigar that you are looking for...
Thanks so much for the follow up! Very good of you.

They have some great pricing, so good to confirm that there are no issues to worry about :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yep, it's an issue with their CSS where they are wrapping the area around the drop down with a hyperlink stretching from the special offers link. Different browsers are handling it differently, so it doesn't cause the problem for everyone. I'll fix it in exchange for cigars :thumbsup:

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Thanks so much for the follow up! Very good of you.

They have some great pricing, so good to confirm that there are no issues to worry about :thumbsup:
I talked to Marwan the web design for Top Quality Cigars this morning and he mentioned that the problem has been fixed and says a BIG "THANK YOU" for all of your guys feedback. He can't wait to meet you guys BOTL Herf at CdM on June 23rd... that's if Sam, Mike, or Mathew (CdM owners) don't keep him busy during that weekend... lol.