What's new

"Top Ramen budget" cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yard 'gars... knock-arounds... whatever you want to call them... In this ailing economy many Brothers have had to turn to less-than-favorable brands for our everyday smoke. What are some good CHEAP (less than $1.50/stick) handmades that you've had?

Flor Del Todo - A Rolondo Reyes blend. I enjoy the maduros, but have never tried the "natural." 100% long-filler with a maduro wrapper so hearty it looks like a leather bomber jacket. The taste is unique: a spicy nutmeg flavor dominates a subtle earthy core. Decent consistency, and they age very well.

The Dark Shark - Another decent maduro on-the-cheap. I get these for less than $1.25/stick and they make a GREAT flavorful daily smoke. Construction is decent, but they tend to have a "patchwork" wrapper. Definitely not the prettiest thing I've smoked, but the spicy, toasty flavor profile is extremely enjoyable. An easy draw and consistently even burn is just the icing on the cake.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know you said $1.50 range but I can't help but mention the holts little Havana overruns made by pepin and around $2.00 a stick and if you ask me they are worth alot more just need bands and a cedar box...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Yard 'gars... knock-arounds... whatever you want to call them... In this ailing economy many Brothers have had to turn to less-than-favorable brands for our everyday smoke. What are some good CHEAP (less than $1.50/stick) handmades that you've had?

Flor Del Todo - A Rolondo Reyes blend. I enjoy the maduros, but have never tried the "natural." 100% long-filler with a maduro wrapper so hearty it looks like a leather bomber jacket. The taste is unique: a spicy nutmeg flavor dominates a subtle earthy core. Decent consistency, and they age very well.

The Dark Shark - Another decent maduro on-the-cheap. I get these for less than $1.25/stick and they make a GREAT flavorful daily smoke. Construction is decent, but they tend to have a "patchwork" wrapper. Definitely not the prettiest thing I've smoked, but the spicy, toasty flavor profile is extremely enjoyable. An easy draw and consistently even burn is just the icing on the cake.
The Flor de Todo is a "sandwich" cigar. A combo of short and long fillers. To each his own but def not a long filler cigar

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
My cheapest cigars are the Padron 2000 Maduros, more than the $1.50 requested, but sometimes you can pick them up on sale for about $70-$75 a box, which is around $3 each.

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Gran Habano Vintage 2002 every day price is $40 for a bundle of 20 at CI but they sometimes have them for $30 on quick buy at cigarbid

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I know you said $1.50 range but I can't help but mention the holts little Havana overruns made by pepin and around $2.00 a stick and if you ask me they are worth alot more just need bands and a cedar box...
These would be my choice also.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
These are just a few that seem to do the trick for me when I want something good but inexpesive for parties or large cookouts. I hand these out to everyone and they are very decent in my opinion.

1. Flor del Todo toro's
2. Famous Nicaraguan Selecion torp's
3. Flor De Oliva Maduro torp's
4. Profesor Sila's

All of these you can get for around $2.00 or less a stick.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was gonna mention these along with Bahia Maduro.
I've considered pulling the trigger on a bundle of those Gran Habano Vintage. I love their Habano #3, Corojo #5, and 3 Siglos. Too bad the 3 Siglos is being discontinued.

How are the Bahia Maduro? I got some Bahia Blu about a year ago through a CI daily deal. They were "meh". Is the maduro version any better?

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Yep my budget sticks are LHO or Diesels both are 3 bucks or less. I cant honestly say I have smoked a cigar less than 2 bucks.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Nica Libre. Usually available for about 2-3 a stick.
This is one of the best "value" sticks I've ever had! I recommend it almost daily - usually when people ask about value sticks with premium flavor. One of my first bundle buys from Cig Int'l and it has proved to be a winner!